ASN Capital is a group of companies involved in construction, property development, investment, and rentals; the group also has interests and activities in other sectors.
The successful applicant will be managing major construction projects, starting with a large apartment block comprising 71 one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments in central Bournemouth.
- Overall responsibility for activity on assigned construction sites including health and safety, quality, technical compliance, cost control, time control.
- Involvement at design stage sharing technical expertise with project director, architect and other professionals in order to ensure smooth operations and a high quality finished product during the construction phase.
- Identify and specify scope of sub-contracts, assisting Directors with tender process.
- Manage all sub-contractors, suppliers and direct labour, including interfaces between them to ensure efficient site operations.
- Carry out comprehensive pre-construction phase planning, including project schedules, enabling works, health and safety planning and long-lead time procurement to ensure site progress maintains momentum.
- Other responsibilities that customarily fall within the remit of Construction Site Management.
The following qualities and skills are essential to the role:
- A proven track record in the successful site management of construction projects from £500k – £5m+.
- Experience and knowledge of a broad range of construction trades and how they complement each other. Preferably a strong trade background before progressing to management.
- Thorough understanding of technical drawings and specifications and in-depth knowledge of statutory requirements and industry guidelines.
- Recent experience of working to residential building regulations and NHBC / Premier Guarantee requirements.
- Complete understanding of relevant health & safety legislation and procedures.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Confident with measurements and calculations.
- Good computer skills, including using email, digital plans, spreadsheets, etc.
The following qualities and skills are desirable for this role:
- Training as follows (is provided if not currently held): SMSTS, First Aid at Work.
- CSCS Black card
- Current CPD records showing continual development of professional knowledge and skills.
This is a full-time and permanent vacancy.
- Salary £65,000 to £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
- Project performance bonus
- Workplace pension (subject to eligibility).
- Use of company iPhone, iPad and laptop.
- Access to Cyclescheme, tax free bike purchase.
- Standard 28 days (including bank holidays) paid holiday allowance.
How to apply
Send an email including a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org